Sunday, August 19, 2012

5 random things that made me happy last week

1. our jungley-bungly veg garden! Despite this year of crazy weather, we've had our most successful veg garden ever (not sure what to make of that...)! Green peppers taste like I remember eating in childhood (from my parents' garden) - store bought peppers taste bland & watery now. This inspires me to try even harder next year -

2. We finally got our own wood splitter - so we can process firewood more efficiently (and get all that wood clutter away from my beloved little catalpa tree)


3. Chitty chitty bang bangs...I cut myself. Every few years I get the urge to change my hair, but this is about as extreme as I go: to have bangs, or not to have bangs
(this was another cell phone picture I tried taking of that amazing inlay work)


4. recognizing places I've been in my favorite "fashion tomes"! Vogue's September issue has a spread set at Edith Wharton's home in Lenox, Mass. (visited a few years back); the latest J.Crew catalog (kids edition) was shot in Brooklyn Botanic Garden! (a lovely hidden spot in NYC - I spent a peaceful day there by myself this summer - motivates me to go through the rest of the photos from the NYC trip with my mom & sister...)

5. attending a wine & cheese tasting with my mom, hosted by Lively Run Goat Farm - neat to discover so many yummy goat cheeses, locally made! ...one of those activities I didn't realize would be that fun til I tried it - Thanks, mom ;)