Monday, February 22, 2016

how the month ended


I've been drinking a new daily concoction... Turmeric Tea!
There are all sorts of recipe suggestions online. My favorite version has evolved to be:
2 heaping teaspoons turmeric
1 heaping teaspoon ginger
1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon black pepper (to maximize turmeric's potential)
1 1/2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
approx 1 3/4 cups boiling water
approx 1/4 cup almond milk
Measure it all into a blender, hold a towel over the lid while you blend, then drink it while it's hot! Makes 2 bracing mugs full. Not for the faint of heart, but good for what ails you... aches n pains, that is. I've been drinking it as an alternative to ibuprofen for my achy shoulders (ibuprofen is terrible for your stomach!) and I'm convinced it's helping. And I love the color!!


This is the sweetest doggy in the world — The cats are allowed to lounge anywhere they like: sofas, beds, chairs, etc. - not so for Sparky. But Bindi & Sukey routinely choose to crowd his little bed. And he lets them.